General Information for Prospective Members
- There are three levels of membership of the WEPF :
- Full membership with a voice and two votes (at general meetings)
- Affiliate membership with a voice and one vote (at general meetings)
- Associate membership with a voice but without a vote (at general meetings)
- An organisation requesting membership to the WEPF must be a players organisation and representing the players and be the leading organisation in its country wishing to play WEPF rules in international events and also must seek the approval of their respective Governments. Under special circumstances the Board may waive this criteria.
- At any given time only one organisation per country can be acknowledged by the WEPF.
- A membership application form must be completed which includes a list of members and officials and also details of the numbers of players this must be submitted to the WEPF Secretary.
- The board of the WEPF has the right to accept new members provisionally and recommend acceptance to the members. A General meeting shall make the final decision on acceptance of a new member. On acceptance a new member shall be entitled to all rights and benefits accorded to their level of membership.
- All members agree to acknowledge and to follow the constitution, rules and any supplementary rules of the WEPF that may be applicable at any given time.
- The WEPF members accept its tournament and championship rules for international events. The WEPF wishes to harmonise the rules in member countries, however each member retains its independence in relation to their own national events.
- Members shall provide the Secretary of the WEPF, details of their membership structure and the number of player members they have in their organisation.
- The request for membership to WEPF must be in writing, addressed to the Secretary.
The following documents (in duplicate) must be sent with the request :
- Constitution and rules of the organisation requesting membership
- Names and addresses of the officials of the governing body (committee, commission etc.)
- Number of affiliated clubs and the number of their members (players)
- A copy of the minutes of the meeting which decided to request membership