For over 25 years we have been supplying the pool industry with a wide
selection of high quality tables and continue to manufacture these tables in the U.K at our factory
in Heywood, Lancashire.
We are a leading force within the industry in developing and engineering table improvements to enhance playing standards and table reliability.
The Shark Rack, developed and manufactured in the United Kingdom and made its first big competition appearance in the 2018 & 2019 Supreme Pool Series! Where Two worlds indeed did collide!!
The rack sheet concept proved itself to be an absolute game changer and a great success for all to see, delivering to the world wide pool audience open exciting attacking pool.
The main purpose for the use of these rack sheet templates in professional competitive pool is to provide a fair consistent ball pack setup that is the same each and every time for both competing players.
No more “twisted, forward, slack, gap or plant racking” putting one player at an unfair disadvantage over the other.
What are the other benefits
- Gives a consistent tight & touching ball rack every time, this resulting in explosive break offs and wide spread of the pool balls
- Helps in reducing cloth wear that occurs from repeated breakoff shots over time, it is significantly more cost effective to replace the Shark Rack than to replace your table cloth more frequently due to pack position wear
- The sheet material has a transparent translucent design to blend into any table cloth colour it’s used on
- The anticipated life span of Shark Rack in constant use is around 1 year. However if they’re treated well this can easily be extended to 2-3 years or even more
- Racking is very quick once the user becomes accustomed and develops a set up rhythm, with time and practice racking can be achieved in the same time, if not quicker than a conventional triangle.
Pool Commentating Legend Nick Phinn actually conducted a sample study of the same professional referee setting the balls up using a conventional triangle and the Shark Rack sheet in two separate professional competitions.
The conclusive results were much to everyones surprise as it showed that the Shark Rack actually ended up being the quicker method for referees
“Shark Rack’s top tips for faster rack setup and removal”
- Have a different colour ball in each hand
- Place the balls onto the rack two at a time
- Work your way down in rows from top to bottom, working from left right
- Once all 15 balls are placed on the rack, a gentle tap on the outer balls to will eliminate any tiny gaps.
It should be noted that doing these taps before all 15 balls are on the rack may result in you having to repeat this process again at the end, so best wait till all 15 balls are on the rack before doing these taps
- When removing the Shark Rack sheet do not pick at the corners, if you’re finding difficult to pick up you can slide it to a corner pocket so it overhangs the edge ready to pick up
- Balls that come to rest on the rack can either lifted manually 1mm while rack is slided away from underneath or spotted with your chalk, these methods are recommended for informal matches
- Balls that come to rest on the rack during Both Formal Match & Professional competition with Referees present, will be able to have the ball(s) spotted with appropriate markers and removed.
Alternatively “with agreement of both the match players” allow the refereeing official to use the manual 1mm lift method for quicker & easier removal if so desired
You will see these in use during the forthcoming 2021 WEPF World Championships.
Also archive footage of them in use is widely available to view on YouTube, just simply search for “supreme pool series”.
If you’re interested in purchasing one for yourself they’re available on eBay UK, search for “Shark Rack” or by clicking the link below :
Purchase Shark Rack on eBay
Get practicing with them and embrace your full breaking potential
For several decades Belgian Aramith Billiard balls have enjoyed a legendary
reputation for outstanding endurance and uncompromised quality. Used by almost 80% of players
worldwide, they are recognised as the reference of the industry.
Made by Saluc in Belgium, Aramith excellence is the result of a high-tech process that combines the unmatched characteristics of phenolic resin with fine Belgian craftsmanship.
Their consistently reliable performance guarantees players the pleasure of razor-sharp precision. Their exceptionally long product life offers the table owner the lowest ball cost on an annual basis. That is how Aramith for almost half a century gained its legendary reputation as signature for true and unrivalled quality.
Strachan English pool cloth is the choice of table manufacturers, operators,
fitters, players, pubs and clubs. Its superior nap provides players with unrivalled ball
control, speed and positional accuracy. For operators, pub and club owners, Strachan is a brand that
can be trusted. It looks great from the moment it’s fitted, will continue to perform over its
lifespan and will outlast its nearest rival. And for manufacturers, the Strachan name, classic
appearance, lustre and sheen will greatly help to sell your table.
Strachan is the official and exclusive cloth of the World Eightball Pool Federation and is used & endorsed by Heywood Pool & Snooker, DPT and other leading pool table manufacturers.
Jason Owen cues has consistently strived to become the best 8 ball cue maker in
Never resting, Jason has pushed the quality of his cues, along with outstanding customer service to the best it can be, over delivering on your expectations every time. The cue choice of World champions and many of the worlds elite players. Jason is trusted to deliver what’s needed by the best. Years of skills and experience go into every cue, made solely by Jason, an 8 ball player who understands what makes a cue not only look awesome but also plays great. With cues its simple, reputation is everything, no compromise, to be the best you need the best tools to get the job done.